Nearly 300% Increase Over Season One Premiere
- The “Jersey Shore” Season Two premiere is the #1 cable telecast of 2010 (P12-34).
- Season Two premiere broke series records with a 5.1 P12-34 rating and 5.3 million total viewers.
- The telecast marked MTV’s best season premiere rating in more than seven years (since the Season Two launch of “The Osbournes” on 11/26/2002).
- P12-34 rating for the Season Two premiere was up 292% over “Jersey Shore” Season One debut (12/3/2009), and up 96% over Season One average.
- Total viewership of 5.3 million for the Season Two premiere increased 280% over the Season One debut (1.4 million viewers), and +96% versus the Season One average.
Source: Nielsen Media Company. 07/29/2010. Fast national ratings. Live+SD. Coverage ratings. Cable rank: 1/4/10-7/29/10. Based on 000s.
MTV is the dynamic, vibrant experiment at the intersection of music, creativity and youth culture. For over 28 years, MTV has evolved, challenged the norm, and detonated boundaries — giving each new generation a creative outlet and voice that entertains, informs and unites on every platform and screen. On-air, MTV is the number one full day-ad supported network for P12-24. Online, MTV.com averaged 24.5 million monthly unique visitors during the second quarter of 2010 — up +13% year-over-year. Average video streams for the second quarter of 2010 increased +8% from Q1/2010. And MTV’s successful sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unprecedented customized content, super-serving young males, music fans, and college students like no one else. MTV is part of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Wanna know more? Come on in”¦ www.mtvpress.com
Motivational Podcast by RFFocus.org CEO Kevin Ross - More Episodes HERE