Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” may be one of the best hip hop songs ever written in my humble opinion solely based on how he captures the moment of being on stage in a battle or just being on stage in general and all the things that go through your head during that moment. His verse on Jay Z’s “Renegade” is insanely brilliant and his verse on Biggie’s “Dead Wrong” is disturbingly great. With all that being said, Eminem is not being recognized for any of those aforementioned songs and/or verses. Pictured alongside Cary Sherman, Chairman & CEO, RIAA, the 8 Mile emcee is being honored by the Recording Industry Association of America for being the only artist of the Gold and Platinum era to earn two Digital Diamond Awards. Not matter what you think of Eminem, he is really talented and he can lyrically hold his own with the best of them in the genre. Kudos to you Eminem. Check out a few of the Detroit, rapper’s accolades below.
- Eminem is the only artist in riaa Gold & Platinum history to earn two Digital Diamond Awards.
- riaa has awarded some 120 total Diamond Awards in the past 15 years, and Eminem has earnedthe fourth most Diamonds of any artist. (Garth Brooks and Led Zeppelin have earned six, TheBeatles have five and Eminem has four). Great company to be in!
- Eminem has four total Diamond Awards: two Digital Diamonds for songs “Not Afraid” (Shady,Aftermath/Interscope 2010) and “Love The Way You Lie” (Aftermath/Interscope, 2011) featuring Rihanna, and two more Diamonds for albums “The Marshall Mathers LP” (Aftermath/Interscope, 2000) and “The Eminem Show” (Aftermath/Interscope, 2002).
- riaa has awarded 10 Diamond rap titles and four of those Diamond rap titles are Eminem’s, the other six are: 2 Pac’s “All Eyez On Me” (1996) and “Greatest Hits” (1998), Hammer’s “Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em (1990), ”Notorious B.I.G.’s (Biggy’s) “Life After Death” (1997), Beastie Boys’ “Licensed To Ill” (1986) and Outkast’s “SpeakerBoxx/The Love Below” (2003).
- Eminem’s career riaa album awards represent more than 37 million sold, across nine album releases, in the United States, while his digital single certifications surpass the 31 million threshold, counting downloads and streams and spanning 10 separate songs.
- Officially launched in 1958, the RIAA’s Gold & Platinum Program expanded in 1999 to include a Diamond Award honoring U.S. sales of 10 million or more copies of an album or single. The riaa established its Digital Single Award in 2004, and in 2013 riaa added music streams to its Digital Single Award to better reflect artists’ commercial success in a transformative music marketplace.