Home URBAN iHeartmedia (formerly Clear Channel) CEO Says It’s “…a Time of Feast for...

iHeartmedia (formerly Clear Channel) CEO Says It’s “…a Time of Feast for the Radio Business”

chris brown

r-BOB-PITTMAN-large570After doing TV deals with the CW, launching iHeartRadio, now launching the iHeartRadio Theater in , and garnering a variety of other big deals, iHeartmedia (formerly Clear Channel) Media is definitely making some massive moves in the world of .

In an interview with the Los Angeles Time, iHeartmedia (formerly Clear Channel) Communications CEO basically said the radio business is feasting at the current moment.

When asked “How does iHeartRadio work for iHeartmedia (formerly Clear Channel) at a time when Internet radio doesn’t seem to be very profitable?”

Bob Pittman had this to say, “Remember, we do all this at an incremental cost. If you look at iHeartRadio, Pandora and all the Internet radio players, it’s only 8% of all the listening. The other 92% is broadcast radio, so we’ve not forgotten where the monster is. Actually, broadcast radio has increased, and digital is in addition to that, so this is really a time of feast for the radio , and I think the Internet has really helped us expand our reach.”

With that being said I pose a simple yet somewhat rhetorical question. Is this time of feasting only for the corporate conglomerates or does this statement include all parties involved in radio?

Pages: 1 | 2 | Single Page



Motivational Podcast by RFFocus.org CEO Kevin Ross - More Episodes HERE

Hassahn is no stranger to the power of words. Just as Lebron took his talents to South Beach, the Chicago native has taken his talents to Hollywood and beyond. His ability to manipulate the English language has led to a career using his gift. He currently writes songs for TV/Film; he has co-written a book alongside Dr. Kerby T Alvy Ph.D; Hassahn produced and wrote DEMOs documentary film, and of course he scribes for Radio Facts on the daily.

Leave a Reply