The agreement with one of Europe’s biggest collection societies, Germany’s GEMA, will see BMG continue to licence its Anglo-American repertoire to digital services across Europe through GEMA subsidiary ARESA.
Since it began licensing European rights through ARESA in July 2012, BMG has licensed more than 40 significant digital services across Europe, including the biggest download retailer (iTunes), the biggest subscription streaming (Spotify) and the biggest ad-supported streaming operator (YouTube).
ARESA currently represents rights in over 900,000 songs by Anglo-American writers, including such hits as:
• ‘All Of Me’ co-written by BMG writer john legend (performed by John Legend);
• ‘Try’ written by BMG writers busbee and Ben West (performed by Pink);
• ‘Locked Out Of Heaven’ co-written by BMG writer Bruno Mars (performed by Bruno Mars);
• ‘One Way Or Another’ by BMG writers Nigel Harrison and Deborah Harry (performed by Blondie, One Direction);
• and ‘Budapest’ by BMG writers George Ezra and Joel Pott (performed by George Ezra).
BMG CEO Hartwig Masuch said, “BMG is determined to ensure songwriters are able to make the most of the revenue opportunities of the digital age. That means having a lean and efficient licensing operation and a state-of-the art administrative back-end. The combination of ARESA’s nimble licensing team and GEMA’s significant infrastructure is a significant benefit to our writers, and the ability to license access to more than half a billion people in a single deal is a big plus for licensees.”
Motivational Podcast by RFFocus.org CEO Kevin Ross - More Episodes HERE