Bill Writes A New Essay For The Set, Which Features 91 Songs, Including Nearly Two Dozen Pop And R&b Singles Chart Titles: “Ain’t No Sunshine,” “Grandma’s Hands,” “Lean On Me,” “Use Me,” “Kissing My Love,” “Make Love To Your Mind,” “Lovely Day,” “Lovely Night For Dancing,” And More
Available everywhere October 30, 2012
Complex and deeply-rooted emotional and sentimental forces are at the heart of one of our greatest living American popular songwriters, forces which course through the 91 tracks on BILL WITHERS ““ THE COMPLETE SUSSEX AND COLUMBIA MASTERS. The box set, contain ing all nine albums that Withers recorded from 1971 to 1985, will be available at the PopMarket.com website ““ http://complete.popmarket.com ““ as well as all general retail on October 30th through Columbia/Legacy, a division of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.
As with many of the more than two dozen box sets released so far in Legacy’s Complete Album Collections series, BILL WITHERS ““ THE COMPLETE SUSSEX AND COLUMBIA MASTERS benefits from the artist’s entire catalog, on two separate record labels, being under the Sony Music banner:
- JUST AS I AM (Sussex, 1971), with the Grammy Award ®-winning, Grammy ® Hall Of Fame song “Ain’t No Sunshine,” and “Grandma’s Hands”;
- STILL BILL (Sussex, 1972), with the Grammy ® Hall Of Famer “Lean On Me,” plus “Use Me” and “Kissing My Love”;
- BILL WITHERS LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL (Sussex, 1973), double-LP in single-CD configuration, with singles “Let Us Love” and “Friend Of Mine”;
- +’JUSTMENTS (Sussex, 1974), final Sussex album, with singles “The Same Love That Made Me Laugh,” “You” and “Heartbreak Road”;
- MAKING MUSIC (Columbia, 1975), his first Columbia LP, with “Make Love To Your Mind” and “I Wish You Well”;
- NAKED & WARM (Columbia, 1976), with “If I Didn’t Mean You Well” and “Close To Me”;
- MENAGERIE (Columbia, 1977), with “Lovely Day” and “Lovely Night For Dancing”;
- ‘BOUT LOVE (Columbia, 1979), with “Don’t It Make It Better” and “You Got The Stuff”;
- WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME (Columbia, 1979), with “Oh Yeah!” and “Something That Turns You On.”
BILL WITHERS ““ THE COMPLETE SUSSEX AND COLUMBIA MASTERS was compiled by Leo Sacks, the longtime Legacy producer who also supervised Take A Look: Aretha Franklin Complete On Columbia and Earth Wind & Fire: The Columbia Masters (both 2011). All music has been newly mastered from the original analog tapes by Sony Senior Mastering Engineer Mark Wilder, recipient of seven Grammy Award ® nominations and three Grammy Awards ® in his nearly 25 years at Sony.
Motivational Podcast by RFFocus.org CEO Kevin Ross - More Episodes HERE