The initial 75 person lineup and programming for the 2015 ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO, to be held April 30 through May 2 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, has been announced. Now in its 10th year, the ASCAP EXPO gives new music creators access to a world-class gathering of music talent for three days of panels and discussions dedicated to the craft and business of songwriting, composing and producing.
This year’s lineup includes current hitmakers like Savan Kotecha (Ariana Grande, Jessie J, One Direction, Maroon 5), Greg Kurstin (Kelly Clarkson, Ellie Goulding), Jesse Shatkin (Sia, Pink), Kevin Kadish (Meghan Trainor, Jason Mraz), Darrell Brown (LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban), Da Internz (Nicki Minaj, John Legend, Rihanna), Ashley Gorley (Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley),Sevyn Streeter (Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, Chris Brown) and Kirby Lauryen(Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney); indie favorites Andrew Bird, Ingrid Michaelson and Nick Thorburn (Islands, Serial); and artist/songwriters Bill Withers, Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Lou Gramm (Foreigner), Hanson,Goapele and many more.
Click here to view all confirmed panelists
In addition to keynote interviews (which are still to be announced), master classes and top-notch performances, the ASCAP EXPO provides panels designed to educate and support music creators at every stage of their career. There are also several opportunities for attendees to get their music heard – and receive honest feedback and advice. For more information and to register, visithttp://www.ascap.com/eventsawards/events/expo/2015/registration.aspx.
ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO programming will include:
Keynotes and Conversations
- Special Keynote Interview to be announced!
- We Create Music” with icons from different genres
- Current Legislative Issues for Songwriters with ASCAP President Paul Williams, ASCAP CEO Beth Matthews, Congressman Doug Collins, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries and Songwriter/Artist Aloe Blacc
- Master Session with Richard Bellis: Creativity on a Deadline
- Master Session with Claudia Brant
- Master Session with Douglas Cuomo
- Master Session with Da Internz: An Interactive Performance Demo
- Master Session with Savan Kotecha: The Economics and Anatomy of a Hit Songwriter
- Master Session with Ingrid Michaelson
- Master Session with Mike Reid
- Today’s Hit Songwriters with Kevin Kadish, Greg Kurstin, Jesse Shatkin, and more
- Live Multi-Genre Song Feedback Workshop Series with Darrell Brown
- Rocking into Pop Music with John Feldmann, Chris Lorde-Alge, Deryck Whibley (Sum 41) and more
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting
- Attendee Music Feedback: Pop/Rock
Attendee Music Feedback: Country
- Attendee Music Feedback: Film/TV Scoring
- Attendee Music Feedback: R&B/Hip-Hop
- Women Behind the Music with Goapele, Erica Grayson, Sevyn Streeter and more
- Music Supervision
- The Gospel Truth with Maurette Brown Clark, LaShawn Daniels, Janice Gaines, William McDowell, Jonathan McReynolds
- Music Creation and Your Rights with Desmond Child
- On the Come Up: Mama We Made It
- Music Publishing: Licensing and Song Placement
Making the Most of Your ASCAP Membership
- Managing Your Online Presence (Presented by Squarespace)
- How Brands Engage with Music and Artists (Presented by Billboard)
- Website Demolition Derby (Presented by Bandzoogle)
Music Recording (Presented by iZotope)
- Nuts & Bolts of the Music Business with Donald Passman, Esq.
- The Visual Streams: Making Money With Your Music on YouTube and Beyond (Presented by AdRev & Killer Tracks)
- Show Me The Money: Creating your DIY Monetization Strategy (Presented by CD Baby)
- The Business of Music Publishing
A Legal Q&A (Presented by Lommen Abdo)
Building Your Team
- The Writers Jam with Andrew Bird, Aloe Blacc, Ashley Gorley and more
- “I Create Music” Center Stage with Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Lou Gramm (Foreigner), Hanson and Mike Reid
- ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rapper Showcase
- ASCAP EXPO Attendee Showcase (Presented by Eventbrite)
Dozens of sponsor sessions consisting of workshops and product demos
One-on-One and Lunch Roundtable Mentor Sessions
Music equipment, resources and technology exhibits
And much more!